Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pastor Godfrey Watson and Rev. Gordon Woolard.
Our Mission To the World friend, Gordon Woolard, took time from his busy travel schedule last month to be here in Jamaica for a week with us.  He met for three evenings with 17 pastors and deacons at Hewitts View Baptist Church near Black River teaching on church leadership.

One of the topics addressed was interpersonal conflict between leaders in the Church with some help from Jim Eliff's "15 Resolves for Maintaining Spiritual Balance in Severe Interpersonal Conflicts."

A very helpful topic for all Christians, but leaders in particular; here is resolve number 1: I will accept whatever means God may use to make me more humble and therefore more dependent on Him, no matter how damaging to my reputation or ambition.  (2 Cor. 12:10 "Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."   Pretty counter-cultural?  See all 15 here.

No comments: