Friday, June 25, 2010

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let you gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present you requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

Dear Father, our family boards the plane today to head to Miami and several other cities over the next 10 weeks as we visit churches and friends who support our ministry. I have to confess that I am anxious over a few things. The many meetings, the many miles, a older vehicle, all that is left undone here at home and in the ministry in Jamaica, how to cover all the expenses, etc. I need to hear the firmness of your command today to "Rejoice always." To remember that this is no suggestion, not merely a point to ponder, but rather, a point of action, of willful obedience. It's easier for me to rejoice when I think about you, Lord Jesus, as my example of unhurried gentleness. You never worried. You always trusted your loving, sovereign Father was near and in control. And you are near, always abiding in me with your Spirit bringing comfort. Help me to bring all of my cares to you and to pray continually, thankfully, confidently and to anticipate that your incredible peace will stand watch over my heart and my mind because I know that I am in Christ and Christ is in me. I pray in the name of Jesus, our Lamb. Amen!

No comments: